Blockchain solutions lay the foundation for business innovation via digitalization and autonomous management of assets, as well as embodiment of business processes in technical protocols. As blockchain matures, technical professionals must assess use cases and plan for adoption progressively.
The Gartner Approach
- Blockchain Solution Adoption Strategy
- Blockchain Solution Fluid Development Environment
- Decentralization Trends and Technologies
- Blockchain Solution Key Capabilities
- Blockchain Solution Business Relevance
- Blockchain Solution Adoption Options
The Guidance Framework
- Business Stream
- Model the Multiparty Value Chain or Digital Platform
- Define the Business Requirements and an MVP
- Enlist the Founding Network Participants
- Establish a Foundational Governance Framework
- Review the Legal and Compliance Requirements
- Technical Stream
- Model Digital Assets and Events
- Design Smart-Contract Architecture
- Determine Decentralization Logical Design
- Select a Blockchain Platform
- Implement and Test Dapps
Risks and Pitfalls
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.