Although a request for proposal process can result in a strong shortlist of candidate products, security and risk management leaders must run a thorough proof of concept to accurately determine which endpoint protection platform product is most suitable.
- Use a POC to Determine the Real Benefit of Switching to Another EPP
- Ensure the POC Is Representative of the Organization
- The Outcome: Four Important Questions Answered by a POC
- What Effort Will the Deployment Involve?
- Is the Product Fit for Purpose?
- What Existing Processes Need to Be Changed and What Additional Processes Need to Be Implemented?
- Is There a Real Benefit to Moving to a New Product?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.