Most network-based communications service providers favor partnerships to address capability and asset gaps that hinder revenue growth in adjacent markets, but they're seldom effective. CSP technology business unit leaders should consider acquisitions, using partnerships only in specific situations.
- CSPs Must Be Judicious in Pursuing Partnerships
- More Leading CSPs Are Expected to Consider Strategic Acquisitions
- Hygiene Factors for Successful Acquisitions
- Identify Capability and Asset Gaps Quickly and Pursue Acquisitions to Address Them
- Potential Benefits of Acquisitions
- Potential Issues With Acquisitions
- Alternative Approaches to Addressing Capability and Asset Gaps
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.