Lack of market clarity about Chinese cloud providers' strategies, especially in cloud IaaS offerings, has created confusion among enterprise customers. I&O leaders should use this research to understand how the rapidly growing cloud IaaS market in China will affect enterprise IT strategies.
Market Guide for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, China
- Key Findings
- Cloud-Enabling: Public Cloud IaaS Extension-as-a-Software Stack
- Cloud-Inspired: Cloud IaaS for Community or Industry Clouds, and Cloud IaaS for Hosted Private Cloud or Cloud-Enabled Hosted Infrastructure
- Pure Cloud: Hyperscale Cloud IaaS in Public Cloud
- Cloud-Enhanced: Digital Service Innovation and Enablement as a Service on Top of Providers' Cloud IaaS Platforms
- Cloud IaaS Provider Market Coverage Across the Four Cloud Types
- Cloud Shift Rate in China Will Increase to 20.7% in 2021, With Cloud IaaS Leading the Growth
- Cloud IaaS Providers Continue Disrupting the Market Through Scale, Richness and Reach
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- Baidu (Baidu Cloud)
- China Telecom (E Cloud)
- CIB Digital Financial Services (CIB Fintech)
- Huawei (Huawei Cloud)
- Microsoft (Azure)
- Tencent Cloud
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.