A strategic innovation program requires projects across every aspect of a company's business. The CIO's unique perspective on the impact of disruptive emerging technologies is instrumental in driving competitively important digital transformation. Look for ideas within and outside your industry.
- Establish a Playbook for Innovation to Ensure Discipline
- Align Digital Innovation With Your Critical Business Objectives
- Standardize by Automating, Integrating and Operating Business
- Adopt Wearable Technologies for Productivity and Safety
- Optimize Product and Financial Performance by Getting Granular
- Leverage by Extending Existing Capabilities
- Integrate Different Categories With Smart Products
- Digitally Enable Existing Products
- Scale by Pursuing New Markets and Customers
- Explore Unique Methods of Engaging With Customers
- Look Laterally for New Uses of Your Product
- Create by Developing New Capabilities and Insights
- Demonstrate Innovation Focus With Innovation Centers
- Bring Customers Into the Design and Development Process
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.