Companies place heavy emphasis on increasing sales operational efficiency and effectiveness to optimize sales outcomes such as revenue or profit margins. To improve sales execution, application leaders supporting sales technologies must evaluate those that are emerging to maturing in the Hype Cycle.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Conversational Engagement Analytics
- IoT for CRM Sales
- Partner Data Exchange Platforms
- Sales Enablement Platforms
- Algorithmic Guided Selling
- Virtual Digital Sales Assistant
- Quota Planning
- BI Search/Natural Language Query
- Embedded Analytics
- At the Peak
- Visual Configuration
- Voice-Driven Sales Apps
- Recurring Revenue Management
- Customer Success Management
- Voice of the Customer
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Account-Based Marketing
- Sales Predictive Analytics
- Sales Training and Coaching Solutions
- Predictive B2B Marketing Analytics
- Mobile Sales Productivity
- Integrated Planning
- Social for Sales
- Sales Acceleration
- Sales Performance Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Price Optimization and Management for B2B
- Territory Planning
- MDM of Customer Data
- Partner Relationship Management (PRM)
- CPQ Application Suites
- Sales Analytics
- Data Intelligence Solutions for Sales
- Sales Contract Management
- Entering the Plateau
- Lead Management
- Digital Content Management for Sales
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.