Gartner has identified 15 critical capabilities and four use cases to assess and compare disaster recovery as a service offerings from 10 service providers. I&O leaders should determine which provider will best ensure business alignment with their recovery needs before purchasing DRaaS.
What You Need to Know
- Critical Capabilities Use-Case Graphics
- C&W Business
- Recovery Point
- Sungard Availability Services
- Product/Service Class Definition
- Critical Capabilities Definition
- Tier 1 RTO and RPO Requirements
- Tier 2 RTO and RPO Requirements
- Tier 3 RTO and RPO Requirements
- Tier 4 RTO and RPO Requirements
- Low-Complexity Architecture Support
- Medium-Complex Architecture Support
- High-Complex Architecture Support
- Orchestrated Recovery Run Book
- Flexible Recovery
- Integration Support
- Security and Compliance
- Self-Service Recovery
- Provider-Managed Service Recovery
- Globalized Support
- Bimodal and Cloud Enablement
- Use Cases
- Low-Complexity Customer Environment
- Medium-Complexity Customer Environment
- Small-Enterprise Customer Environment
- Midsize-Enterprise Customer Environment
- Vendors Added and Dropped
- Critical Capabilities Rating
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.