Evolving digital business demands, mobile endpoint diversity and user expectations require an agile web app architecture to adapt to the digital business pace. Technical professionals responsible for creating web apps should embrace modular architecture and decouple apps from APIs and services.
Solution Path Diagram
- Step 1.0: Define an Agile Architecture
- Step 1.1: Define a Loosely Coupled Application Architecture
- Step 1.2: Choose a Cloud-Native/Cloud-Ready Platform Architecture
- Step 2.0: Create a Flexible Design
- Step 2.1: Apply UX Practices to Adapt to Changing User Requirements
- Step 2.2: Design an Agile Application Architecture With Loosely Coupled Apps, APIs and Services
- Step 3.0: Build a Modular Client
- Step 3.2: Implement an Adaptive Design to Support Multiple Channels
- Step 3.3: Use Web Client Development Tools to Create Clean, Consistent Code
- Step 4.0: Implement a Lightweight API and Services
- Step 4.1: Use API Tools to Create and Manage Your API
- Step 4.2: Implement Lightweight, Loosely Coupled Services
- Step 5.0: Use Testing and Analytics to Improve
- Step 5.1: Use a Layered Testing Approach With Continuous Integration
- Step 5.2: Use Monitoring and Analytics to Ensure Quality and to Identify Trends
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.