This Hype Cycle provides program and portfolio management leaders guidance into the maturity and viability of various capabilities and underlying technologies that not only impact, but are also transforming how projects and programs are delivered and how portfolio decisions are made.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- On the Rise
- Project Management Bots
- Human-Centered Design
- Project Capability Centers
- Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis
- Adaptive Enterprise
- At the Peak
- Business Agile
- Strategy Realization Office
- Adaptive Program Management
- Business Transformation Office
- Enterprise Agile Frameworks
- Product-Centric Delivery Model
- Project Collaboration and Management
- Workstream Collaboration
- Agile Project Management
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- PPM for New Product Development
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Enterprise-Class Agile Development
- Predictive Analytics
- Application Portfolio Management
- Cloud-Based IT PPM Services
- Kanban for Programs
- Project Management Certification
- Hybrid Application Project Management
- Reporting EPMO
- Resource Management
- Traditional IT Project Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Domain PMO
- Organizational Change
- Earned Value Management
- IT Project and Portfolio Management Applications
- PPM for Professional Services
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.