This Hype Cycle tracks digital innovations focused on the care delivery capabilities and activities of healthcare delivery organizations. The Hype Cycle is a key piece of research in the formulation and refresh of the HDO digital strategy and roadmap.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Digital Speech Analysis for Clinical Diagnoses
- External Clinical Decision Support
- Immersive Technologies for Care Delivery
- Next-Generation Nurse Call
- AI-Enabled Diagnostic Imaging Interpretation
- Precision Medicine
- AI for Clinical Automation
- Digital Clinical Encounters
- Digital Telepathology
- Enterprise Virtual Care Platform
- Automated Patient Decision Aids
- Automated Informed Consent
- Critical Condition Surveillance Systems
- Robotics-Assisted Telesurgery
- At the Peak
- E-Visits (Non-U.S.)
- Algorithmic Medicine
- Semantic Interoperability
- AI Healthcare Advisors
- Consumer Healthcare Wearables
- Eldercare-Assistive Robots
- Genomics Medicine
- Sliding Into the Trough
- PHI Consent Management
- Medication Compliance Management
- EHR/Megasuite Support of Virtual Care
- Personal Health Management Tools
- On-Demand Virtual Visits
- Patient Portals (Non-U.S.)
- Enterprise EHR Systems (Non-U.S.)
- Stand-Alone Telemedicine Solutions
- Healthcare Interoperability
- Climbing the Slope
- Remote Medical Monitoring
- Entering the Plateau
- Medical Device Connectivity
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.