This Hype Cycle provides critical input for strategic planning. It helps CIOs to communicate with boards, executives and stakeholders about the future directions of health IT, and to identify, understand and prioritize significant investments in applications, analytics and "medical IT" advances.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- Additions and Adjustments to This Year's Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Digital Speech Analysis for Clinical Diagnoses
- Precision Health
- AI-Enabled Diagnostic Imaging Interpretation
- Health Data Curation and Enrichment Hub
- Precision Medicine
- Automated Patient Decision Aids
- Blockchain in Healthcare
- 3D Bioprinted Organ Transplants
- Critical Condition Surveillance Systems
- AI for Healthcare Providers
- At the Peak
- Healthcare Analytics Architecture for Providers
- Algorithmic Medicine
- Real-Time Healthcare Costing
- Value-Based Performance Management Analytics
- AI Healthcare Advisors
- IoT: Hospitals
- Healthcare Consumer Persuasion Analytics
- Eldercare-Assistive Robots
- 3D Printed Surgical Implants
- Genomics Medicine
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Healthcare, Cloud-Architected ERP
- PHI Consent Management
- Real-Time Health System Command Center
- Population Health Management Solutions
- Healthcare CRM
- 3D Bioprinted Human Tissue
- Patient Portals (Non-U.S.)
- Real-Time Physician Documentation Improvement
- Patient Throughput and Capacity Management
- 3D Printed Presurgery Anatomical Models
- Enterprise EHR Systems (Non-U.S.)
- Climbing the Slope
- Accountable Care Organization
- Computer-Assisted Coding (Hospital)
- Entering the Plateau
- Healthcare Real-Time Location System
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.