Application leaders modernizing sourcing and procurement can use this research to understand the maturity and benefits of available technologies. This information will help with prioritizing and justifying operational and strategic solution investments.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Category Management Solutions
- Blockchain for Procurement
- B2B Network Intelligence
- Incident Management for Procurement
- Smart Contracts
- Source-to-Settle Embedded Analytics
- AI for Procurement
- Freelancer Management Systems
- Service Governance Solutions
- At the Peak
- Project P2P Solutions
- Supplier Risk Monitoring
- Contract Analytics
- All-in-One Supply Collaboration Platforms
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Multienterprise Grid Functionality
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Source-to-Pay BPO
- SOW Services Management Solutions
- Multidomain MDM Solutions
- Procurement Savings Management Solutions
- IT Vendor Risk Management
- Dynamic Discounting Solutions
- Mobile Procurement Applications
- Social Procurement Tools
- Data Quality for Purchased Parts
- Supplier Quality Management Applications
- Supply Base Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Source-to-Settle Solutions
- Procure-to-Pay Suites
- MRO Procurement Solutions
- Contract Life Cycle Management
- Entering the Plateau
- Parts and Materials Search and Selection
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.