Infrastructure and operations automation technologies are evolving quickly and are at different levels of maturity. I&O leaders should use this Hype Cycle to guide their investment decisions regarding these technologies.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- On the Rise
- ML-Augmented DCs
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- IT Service Orchestration
- Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) Platforms
- Management Software-Defined Storage
- Heuristic Automation
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Composable Infrastructure
- DevOps Toolchain
- At the Peak
- Application Release Orchestration
- Continuous Delivery
- DevOps Toolchain Orchestration
- Intelligent Automation for Infrastructure Managed Services
- Container Management
- Intent-Based Networking
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Continuous Configuration Automation
- Hybrid Cloud Computing
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Cloud Migration
- Network Configuration and Change Management Tools
- Climbing the Slope
- IT Process Automation Tools
- Entering the Plateau
- Patch Management
- IT Workload Automation
- Server (Life Cycle) Automation
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.