Virtual data rooms and board portals come with stringent security and compliance requirements that can be a challenge for some organizations. This research will help application leaders to identify the best way to implement specialized and general-purpose systems in cost-effective and flexible ways.
- Enable Virtual Data Rooms and Board Portals as Part of a Broader Content Collaboration Strategy
- Standardize on CCP to Maximize Viability and Optimize Costs Across Use Cases
- Adoption Patterns
- Specialized Application or CCP?
- Deploy a Board Portal When Facing Critical Confidentiality Issues or Privacy Compliance Requirements
- Deploy VDR for Complex and Extended Collaboration Cases
- The Virtual Data Room Market
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.