Consumer goods companies focused on growth are accelerating their digitalization efforts to meet both the needs of an increasingly demanding consumer and to navigate a rapidly changing retail environment. CIOs can reference this Hype Cycle for insights and trends.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Smart Dust
- 3D Printing of Consumable Personal Products
- Blockchain in Manufacturing
- Crowdsourced Product Innovation
- 4D Printing
- Things as Customers
- Emotion AI
- Real-Time Marketing
- Warehouse (Humanoid) Robots
- At the Peak
- Formalized Ideation for Manufacturing
- Image Recognition
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Smart Robots
- Retail Activity Optimization
- PPM for New Product Development
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Revenue Growth Management
- Connected Home
- Augmented Reality
- Predictive Analytics
- Internet of Things for Manufacturing Operations
- 3D Printing in Manufacturing Operations
- Master Data Management
- Supplier Quality Management Applications
- Climbing the Slope
- Price Optimization and Management for B2B
- Social Analytics
- Quality Process Management Applications
- Trade Promotion Optimization
- MES Applications for Discrete Manufacturing
- RFID for Logistics and Transportation
- Enterprise 3D Printing
- MES Applications for Process Manufacturing
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.