This Hype Cycle enables CSPs to assess and implement technologies and capabilities to develop their operations agnostic to infrastructure, and support a wide mix of products and services.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Drone Traffic Control Systems
- Intercarrier Service Automation
- Intelligent Automation
- Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE)
- IoT/M2M Solutions
- API Marketplaces
- CSP End-to-End Orchestration
- Customer Journey Analytics
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- At the Peak
- Open-Source Operations
- Private LTE
- Digital Experience Platforms
- Predictive Analytics — CSP
- Bimodal IT Operations
- CSP-OT Software as a Service
- Recurring Revenue Management
- OSS/BSS Customer Experience Management
- Customer Self-Service
- CSP AI
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Network as a Service (NaaS)
- Managed SD-WAN
- Web Real-Time Communications
- Data and Analytics Services for Enterprises
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Content Filtering as a Service
- CSP Integrated Network Function Virtualization Orchestration
- Cloud Service Brokerage
- Integrated Policy and Charging Control Solutions
- Master Data Management
- Dynamic Discounting
- Enterprise Mobile App Stores
- Multichannel Marketing
- Climbing the Slope
- Supplier and Partner Relationship Management
- Communications Service Provider Analytics
- Next-Generation Service Delivery Platforms
- Direct CSP Billing
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.