Some monthly operational S&OP presentations fail to drive active participation because the content doesn't resonate with the cross-functional group of decision makers. Supply chain leaders responsible for planning can use this research to improve S&OP presentations and meeting outcomes.
- Design S&OP Meeting Slides With Commercial Leaders in Mind — Make Them Simple and Jargon-Free
- Design S&OP Slides to Be Self-Explanatory
- Make Slides Actionable by Including the "What's Next?" Which Would Require a Specific Action by One of the S&OP Participants or a Decision by the Commercial Leader
- Engage Other Functional Leader Participants in Meeting Preparation by Asking Them to Present Their S&OP-Related Issues and/or Decisions for Their Areas of Expertise
- Include Slides That Recognize Accomplishments of the Cross-Functional Alignment and Showcase Success Stories
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.