Customers use technology to achieve specific business outcomes, but product features, instead of outcomes, dominate communications from TSPs. Technology product marketers should adopt a storytelling approach to shift the focus to the customer situation, capturing interest and building trust.
- Help Buyers Understand Your Value With Authentic Storytelling
- An Effective Storytelling Structure for the Technology Life Cycle
- Understanding the (O) S-I-R Approach
- Use Positioning to Guide the Story Development
- Create Different Stories Based on Buying Cycle Activity Streams
- Use Customer Stories to Build Trust
- Emotion Makes Stories More Memorable and Shareable
- Recognize the Importance of Progressive Engagement
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.