CIOs of MSEs must measure the benefits of emerging technologies against their investment horizons to differentiate and win in the digital world. Highlighting technologies, of varying degrees of maturity and impact, aligned to their operational environment will provide transparency for this process.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Managed Detection and Response
- Managed IoT Services
- Browser Isolation
- At the Peak
- Third-Party Support for ERP
- Firewall as a Service
- IoT for Customer Service
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Cloud Data Backup
- Intent-Based Networking
- Machine Learning
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- OS Containers
- Content Services Platform as a Service (CsPaaS)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Sales Predictive Analytics
- Managed Security Services
- API Management PaaS
- Micro Data Centers
- Predictive Analytics
- Cloud-Based IT PPM Services
- Analytics for Customer Intelligence
- Knowledge Management for Customer Service
- Workforce Analytics
- Rapid Mobile App Development Tools
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Integrated IaaS and PaaS
- Climbing the Slope
- Cloud Office
- Cloud UC (UCaaS)
- SD-WAN (Products)
- Cloud-Managed LANs
- ITSM Tools
- Public Cloud Storage
- Application Performance Monitoring Suites
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
- Network Sandboxing
- Managed WLAN
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery
- Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
- IT Event Correlation and Analysis Tools
- Privileged Access Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.