This Hype Cycle describes a range of application services: outsourced, cloud-based, crowdsourced or other hybrid models. Sourcing, procurement and vendor management leaders can use this to judge when to adopt a service offering, based on maturity level, risk and user advice.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Intelligent Automation Next-Gen Services
- Intelligent Automation for Application Managed Services
- Artificial Intelligence in Postmodern ERP
- Low-Cost Domestic Sourcing ("Rural Sourcing")
- AI-Related C&SI Services
- Human-in-the-Loop Crowdsourcing
- Digital Integrator Technologies
- DevOps Application Testing
- At the Peak
- Digital Applications
- IoT Services
- Managed Application Services Communities
- Security Rating Services
- Agile Project Management
- Digital Business Consulting Services
- Managed Crowdsourced Communities
- Robotic Process Automation Offerings
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Digital Business Transformation
- External Cloud Service Brokerage
- Enterprise-Class Agile Development
- Application Portfolio Management
- IT/OT Integration
- Interactive Application Security Testing
- Agile Application Testing Services
- Climbing the Slope
- Application Security Testing Suite
- IoT Integration
- Data and Analytics Services
- Multisourcing Service Integrator
- Application Security Professional Services
- Entering the Plateau
- Marketing and Customer Management Consulting
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.