Point solutions that support DevOps initiatives, efficiencies and cost savings pushed ITOM delivery automation to $7.5 billion in 2017, despite pressure from cloud providers. Technology product managers must counter competitive pressures with integrated modular offerings that grow with IT maturity.
Market Share Data
Overall Market Segment Performance Analysis
- ITOM Maintains 8% Growth
- Disruptive Drivers: DevOps, Digital Business, Cloud, IoT and Shift in Buying Behavior
Top Vendors Analyzed
- Microsoft — System Center Solutions Top Automation Tool Market
- VMware — Double-Digit Growth Provides Solid Jump to Second Place
- IBM — Traditional ITOM Tool Provider Falls to No. 3
- BMC — Historical Tools Maintain the No. 4 Spot
- CA Technologies — Growth Through Acquisition
Other Notable Vendors
- CA Technologies — Growth by Acquisition
- IBM — Business Partners Expand Growth to Nontraditional Accounts
- Electric Cloud — Rapid Organic Growth
- XebiaLabs — Focus on Enterprise Scale and Technology Depth
- Puppet — Open Source Experiences Commercial Growth
Mergers and Acquisitions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.