I&O leaders want to improve TCO, agility and scalability of on-premises storage by extending their data infrastructure to the public cloud. This research outlines the different approaches to implementing hybrid cloud storage, explores use-case fit and identifies the pros and cons of each approach.
Top Five Approaches to Hybrid Cloud Storage — An Analysis of Use Cases, Benefits and Limitations
- Key Findings
- Primary Storage Array Integration (Synching, Tiering and Backup) With the Public Cloud
- Cloud Storage Gateway Approach
- Primary Storage Deployed in Colocation Facilities With Direct Access to Public Cloud
- SDS Solutions That Can Be Deployed and Span Across On-Premises and Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud Storage as Part of the Platform (Azure Stack and VMware Cloud Foundation)
- Recommendations for Hybrid Cloud Storage Implementations
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.