This Hype Cycle helps government agencies eager to embrace digital transformation by highlighting critical technologies that can be adopted quickly.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Digital Government Technology Platforms
- Data Marketplace
- API Marketplaces
- At the Peak
- Conversational User Interfaces
- Smart Workspace
- Customer Engagement Hub
- Data Classification
- Robotic Process Automation
- Blockchain in Government
- Geospatial and Location Intelligence
- IoT Platform
- Machine Learning
- Event Stream Processing
- Voice of the Customer
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Predictive Analytics
- Cognitive Expert Advisors
- Full Life Cycle API Management
- Virtual Customer Assistants
- Mesh App and Service Architecture
- Cross-Agency Case Management
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Social for CRM: Social Feedback Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Cloud Office
- Cloud Services for Government
- Software-Defined Networking
- IT Risk Management Solutions
- Cloud Computing
- Data Loss Prevention
- Entering the Plateau
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.