Marketing technology leaders often overlook the complexities of migrating between technology vendors, which can disrupt operations, harm the customer experience and frustrate internal stakeholders. Balance excitement surrounding new vendor selection with risk mitigation strategies to find success.
- Assess Your Current State Against Your Roadmap to Identify Risks and Migrate Smoothly
- Use Transitions as an Opportunity to Align Vendor Relationships, Internal Communications and Contracts to Your Martech Roadmap
- Communicate With Your Vendor When It's Not Working and Explore Potential Fixes
- Insist on a Sanity Check When Exploring Vendor Transitions
- Optimize Existing and New Marketing Technology Contracts
- Solidify Plans for Transition by Managing Expectations and Improving Governance
- Quantify Financial Impact for Executive Sponsors
- Communicate Change Across the Business
- Develop Governance to Assist Martech Vendor Transitions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.