Leading network-based communications service providers lost aggregate revenue in legacy markets in 2017. Technology product managers must accelerate the transition to new revenue or embrace a utility future.
- Revenue Mix Tips to Adjacent Markets, Passing the Point of No Return for Digital Transformation
- Adjacent Markets: Digital Media Slows and IT Services Grows, While Membership Froze
- Other Adjacent Markets Gain Visibility, but Cannot Balance the Scales
- Legacy Services: Entering Decline, Sealing the Urgency of Transformation
- Other Communications Services and Mobile Phone Sales Offer Growth, for Now
- Not If — but How Many — Utility Players, and When
Vendors to Watch
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.