Application leaders making decisions about planning, building or deploying cloud-based solutions should use this Hype Cycle for PaaS to assess the viability, risk and opportunity for the technologies and architectures that together make up the cloud platform landscape.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Decision Management PaaS (dmPaaS)
- Blockchain PaaS
- Event Broker PaaS (ebPaaS)
- Private Cloud dbPaaS
- Data Hub iPaaS
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) in HCM
- Serverless PaaS
- At the Peak
- AI PaaS
- Cloud MDM Hub Services
- Container Management
- IoT Platform
- Cloud Event Stream Processing Services
- Function PaaS (fPaaS)
- Citizen Integrator Tools
- Content Services Platform as a Service (CsPaaS)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- MegaPaaS (Comprehensive PaaS)
- API Management PaaS
- Cloud IMDG Services
- Communications Platform as a Service (cPaaS)
- Cloud ABI
- Integrated IaaS and PaaS
- High-Control Application PaaS
- Climbing the Slope
- Private PaaS
- DX PaaS
- PaaS Frameworks
- Cloud MOM Services (momPaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- High-Productivity Application PaaS
- Entering the Plateau
- Database Platform as a Service
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.