Analytics and artificial intelligence will become pervasive in the form of analytic applications that target specific business decisions. This Hype Cycle helps data and analytics leaders in analytics teams and business domains understand the landscape across a range of industries and functions.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- Function-Specific Analytic Applications
- Industry-Specific Analytic Applications
- Hype Cycles Covering Data and Analytics
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Behavioral Analytics
- Licensing and Entitlement Management
- B2B Network Intelligence
- Voice of the Employee
- Source-to-Settle Embedded Analytics
- AI for Procurement
- Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) Platforms
- Digital Payment Advisor
- Workforce Engagement Management
- Algorithmic Retailing
- Customer Journey Analytics
- At the Peak
- Mid- and Back-Office WFO
- Workplace Analytics
- Value-Based Performance Management Analytics
- Machine Learning in HCM
- Warehouse Resource Planning and Scheduling
- Contract Analytics
- Retail Activity Optimization
- Supply Chain Execution Predictive Analytics
- PPM for New Product Development
- Workforce Planning and Modeling
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Augmented Reality in Retail
- P&C Insurance Fraud Analytics
- Application Portfolio Management
- Consumption Analytics
- Procurement Savings Management Solutions
- User and Entity Behavior Analytics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Workforce Analytics
- Retail Analytics for Healthcare Payers
- Mobile App Analytics
- Climbing the Slope
- Text Analytics for Scientific Research
- Application Performance Monitoring Suites
- Social Analytics
- Cost-to-Serve Analysis
- Device Monitoring Analytics
- Supply Chain Visibility
- Talent Management Suites
- Contract Life Cycle Management
- Entering the Plateau
- Algorithmic Merchandise Optimization
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.