Healthcare payer IT teams typically lack the specific expertise needed to execute complete clinical data integration initiatives, leading to suboptimal business outcomes. CIOs must assess vendors against the entire CDI value chain to pick partners and improve delivery.
- CDI Is a Complex Value Chain, Not a Single Process
- Process 1 — Gain Consent for Clinical Data Integration and Use
- Process 2 — Acquire Clinical Data
- Process 3 — Standardize Clinical Data Output
- Process 4 — Normalize Clinical Data
- Process 5 — Integrate Normalized Clinical Data Into the Repository
- Process 6 — Deploy Clinical Data Into Enterprise Applications
- Process 7 — Apply Clinical Data to High-Value Use Cases in Line With the DUA/DURSA
- Overarching Considerations and Process Exceptions
- Identify Potential CDI Vendor Partners
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.