Blockchain and recent privacy regulations are establishing themselves. Security and risk management leaders should focus on the implications of incorporating personal information in the blockchain and learn to differentiate between potential opportunity and catastrophic liability.
- Evaluate the Risk of Blockchain Usage to Privacy by Conducting an Impact Assessment
- Design a Realistic Plan for Blockchain Adoption by Using These Five Steps to Adapting Privacy Engineering to the Blockchain
- Define Realistic Goals for Blockchain Use Cases by Understanding the Trade-Offs and the Benefits of Different Approaches
- Establish Practical Privacy Expectations
- Addressing Old Challenges: A Blockchain Retrospective of the Equifax Breach
- Avoiding New Pitfalls: To Store or Not to Store
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.