Product management is increasingly recognized as a key enabler of growth and transformation. Technology general managers can apply Gartner’s product management maturity model, starting with two straightforward steps, and uplift the role’s impact on the business and the maturity of the organization.
- Step 1 — Assess Your Current Product Management State Using Gartner’s Maturity Model as a Lens
- Nonsequential Progression and Regression Across Maturity Dimensions
- Crisis Moments Create Calls to Action and Opportunities to Transform Maturity
- Step 2 — Define Key Actions and Methods to Increase the Business Impact of Product Management and Advance Maturity
- Dimension 1: Instinct-Driven
- Dimension 2: Requirements-Driven
- Dimension 3: Customer-Experience-Driven
- Dimension 4: Market-Driven
- Dimension 5: Strategy-Driven
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.