Most organizations fail at sustaining an effective risk-engaged culture. Nonetheless, a risk-engaged culture is measurable and manageable. CIOs should improve their non-IT executives’ engagement in risk management and, consequently, their risk-informed decision making.
- Identify Common Failures in Maintaining a Risk-Engaged Culture and How They Apply in Your Organization
- Measure Risk Engagement Levels Among Relevant Stakeholders
- Executive Decision Maker’s Risk Engagement Indicators
- Risk Process Owner’s Business or Impact Translation Quality Indicators
- Subject Matter Expert’s Risk Process Quality Indicators
- Measuring the Amount of Risk Accepted
- Improve the Risk-Engaged Culture Through Dialogue, Measurement and Reporting
- Developing a Risk Narrative
- Reporting on Executive Engagement of Risk
- Reporting on the Risk Process Owners
- Reporting on the Subject Matter Experts
- Rewarding Organizational Change
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.