We surveyed early-adopter organizations to understand their approach to innovation using emerging technology and their expectations for business impact. CIOs can use the findings to advance their practices and identify usage scenarios for the top emerging digital technology categories of 2016/2017.
- Finding: Advanced Analytics, the Internet of Things, Process-Centric Technologies and Machine learning Technologies Have the Greatest Overall Business Impact
- Finding: Actual Results Came Close or Exceeded Expectations for Business Value
- Finding: Innovators Explore Usage Scenarios Beyond the Obvious for the Technology and Their Industry
- Deeper Analysis of Top-Ranked Technology Categories
- Advanced Analytics
- The IoT
- Machine Learning Combined With Process-Centric Technologies
- Additional Research Contribution
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.