Each year, the global Supply Chain Top 25 highlights leaders across industries and shares their distinguishing capabilities. This companion piece reviews the top 10 life science companies from the 2018 cycle and discusses their strengths to help supply chain leaders improve their own operations.
- Common Themes in Top Life Science Supply Chains
- A Recognition That Making Performance Trade-Offs Is Essential
- An Understanding That Visibility Plus Agility Is the Best Strategy When the Future Is Uncertain
- The Broadest Definition of End-to-End Supply Chain
- Highlights From the Top-Ranked Life Science Supply Chains
- Novo Nordisk (No. 1 Life Sciences, No. 13 Overall)
- Johnson & Johnson (No. 2 Life Sciences, No. 18 Overall)
- GSK (No. 3 Life Sciences, No. 32 Overall)
- Roche (No. 4 Life Sciences, No. 33 Overall)
- Bayer (No. 5 Life Sciences, No. 37 Overall)
- Novartis (No. 6 Life Sciences, No. 38 Overall)
- Pfizer (No. 7 Life Sciences, No. 46 Overall)
- AstraZeneca (No. 8 Life Sciences, No. 49 Overall)
- Abbott (No. 9 Life Sciences, No. 63 Overall)
- Medtronic (No. 10 Life Sciences, No. 66 Overall)
- Honorable Mention
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.