The Gartner Digital Commerce Vendor Guide, 2018
Published: 29 August 2018
Digital commerce is a vital component for digital transformation and many application leaders embrace digital commerce for improving customer experience and innovating their business. Use this guide to understand the vendors in the digital commerce ecosystem and prioritize areas of investment.
Table Of Contents
- Digital Commerce Market: Definition, Growth and Trends
- About the Digital Commerce Platform Market
- Digital Commerce Platforms
- Licensed: On-Premises/Hosted/Hosted-Managed Service Applications
- SaaS Applications
- Open-Source Solutions
- “Self-Service” Site Builders
- Marketplace Commerce Sites
- Digital Commerce Service Providers
- Digital Commerce Ecosystem
- Distributed Order Management
- Commerce Search
- Web Content Management/Digital Experience Platforms
- Personalization Engines
- Digital Analytics
- Customer Journey Analytics
- Marketplace/Channel Integration Platforms
- Marketplace Operation Platforms
- Social Commerce
- Subscription Management
- Master Data Management
- Warehousing, Logistics and Fulfillment Service Providers
- Marketing Automation
- Assisted Selling
- A/B and Multivariate Testing
- Translation Services
- Content as a Service
- Conversational Commerce Platforms
- Cool Vendors in 2017 and 2018
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.