When operating costs must be reduced, CIOs evaluate spending and cost drivers. C-suite executives are most concerned about costs in their own budgets, so leverage these 10 techniques to identify cost optimization opportunities across multiple organizational budgets.
- Technique No. 1: Implement Shared Services
- Technique No. 2: Adopt a Cloud-First Policy Where Appropriate
- Technique No. 3: Consolidate Enterprise Data Centers
- Technique No. 4: Rationalize and Standardize Enterprise Applications
- Technique No. 5: Improve IT Financial Transparency Practices
- Technique No. 6: Focus on IT Demand-Side Spending for Greater Business Cost Optimization
- Technique No. 7: Implement Robotic Process Automation
- Technique No. 8: Evaluate IT Asset Management Practices
- Technique No. 9: Evaluate Digital Business Transformation Ideas
- Technique No. 10: Optimize the Workforce
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.