Most technology buyers continue to think that technology providers are ineffective at communicating their differentiation. This research shows tech CEOs what they can do immediately to communicate differentiation to win market share from larger competitors.
- Specify Clearly the Gap or Missing Element That Alternative Marketplace Services Buyers Are Experiencing
- Use Our Positioning Framework for Rapid, Resonant and Relevant Positioning Now
- Replace Your Product Name With That of Your Competitor's in Your Key Differentiating Messages and Positioning Statements
- Always Start With the Bottom Line for Your Customer (Results) Upfront
- The Sad State of Differentiation
- Differentiation Challenges
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.