Published: 14 November 2018
IBM’s unique pricing, licensing and contract policies for on-premises software and new SaaS and cloud services challenge sourcing, procurement and vendor management leaders. Gartner’s IBM-specific T4 approach exposes details requisite to analyze and negotiate the optimal deal.
Included in Full Research
- T1 Tactics — Engage With IT and Business Stakeholders to Create a Competitive Environment
- Credible Competition Is Fuel for Negotiation Readiness
- “Play Detective” to Find Out What Motivates IBM Sales — Just Ask!
- T2 Templates — Use Gartner’s Customized (“IBMized”) RFQ Templates and Five-Step ELA Process to Uncover Necessary Pricing and Terms Detail
- Ask the Right Questions for Detail Requisite to Analyze All Viable IBM Proposals
- T3 T&Cs — Ensure ITAM and Contract Management Tools and Processes Are Capable of Managing New and Changing T&Cs Across All IBM Governing Agreements
- Monitor IBM Agreement Versions via Website URLs for Each Agreement Type
- T4 Timing — Strategize Timing to Meet Critical Business Needs and Optimize Bargaining Power During Negotiations
- IBM Negotiation Success Requires a Cross-Team Collaborative Approach
- Engage Project Management Office (PMO) for Major IBM Negotiation Planning — Treat It Like a Project
- Use Your C-Suite to Strategically Time Final Approval to Align With IBM Fiscal Year End