Published: 03 January 2019
Sourcing, procurement and vendor management leaders must use a tailored negotiation planning approach to reveal and use vendor-specific data and levers. Gartner’s T4 process provides leaders actionable steps to effectively use vendor-specific tactics, templates, T&Cs and timing to optimize deals.
Included in Full Research
- T1 — Tactics: Engage IT and Business Stakeholders to Create a Competitive Environment
- One Negotiation Process Does Not Fit All Vendors
- Create a Competitive Environment — Competition Is Vital!
- “Play Detective” to Find Out What Motivates Your Sales Team — Just Ask!
- T2 — Templates: Create Customized Templates and Checklists to Ask the Right Questions
- T3 — T&Cs: Maintain Standard and Vendor-Specific T&Cs Checklists
- Understand Vendor-Specific Master Agreements, Transaction Documents and Order of Precedence
- Create and Maintain Relevant T&Cs Checklists Using Gartner Toolkits and Research
- T4 — Timing: Strategize Timing for Final Negotiations
- Engage Project Management Office (PMO) for Major Negotiation Planning — Treat It Like a Project!
- Use Fiscal Year-End Dates for Bargaining Power