As enterprise applications adapt to the needs of the digital world, application leaders must develop new team skills, values and approaches to delivering these applications. This report shows them how to ensure continued relevancy and success through 2024.
- Build Team Skills Supportive of Business-Centric Strategy, Vision and Customer Focus by Taking a Product Approach to Development
- Vision and Customer Focus
- Make Diversity a Core Objective and Look Beyond Traditional Sources of Talent to Build More Effective Teams
- Partner With Educational Institutions to Innovate
- Pursue Design Thinking to Foster a Culture Within Application Teams That Sees Things From the Customer’s Perspective
- Adopt Product-Based Budgeting and Support Rapid Business Change
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.