Identity and Access Management for Technical Professionals Primer for 2019
Published: 05 February 2019
Digital business optimization and transformation continue to drive massive changes in the scope, scale, needs and goals of IAM. Technical professionals must continuously tune IAM best practices and refresh technology choices to adapt to these changes.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How do we provide agile identity governance and administration services?
- When should we use multifactor authentication, and what are the best methods for our user constituencies?
- How can we prevent data breaches and denial of service attacks by privileged users?
- How do we architect consumer IAM solutions that support the digital business and modern privacy regulations?
- How do we authenticate devices in the IoT, and how do we limit access to device data and control?
- What are the best practices for protecting API-based applications and microservices?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.