Published: 07 February 2019
Cloud and edge infrastructures and the networking services they rely on are the cornerstones of an agility-focused “infrastructure beyond the data center.” I&O leaders must provide such an agile infrastructure or face being bypassed in favor of expedient “one offs” by BU app developers.
Included in Full Research
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How can we create a cloud and edge strategy that is mapped to business requirements, and provides the agile infrastructure the business units need?
- How should we internalize and exploit the vast array of cloud IaaS and PaaS options to serve the business-centered strategy described above?
- How should we approach designing, planning and implementing edge solutions?
- How can we use emerging software-defined WAN options, colocation-based WAN design and edge topologies to maximize networking’s critical role?
- How can we exploit “as a service” cloud-based networking services to add intelligence, performance and security to our distributed infrastructure?