Government Optimization of IT Management and Operations Primer for 2019
Published: 07 February 2019
Government IT functions are facing unprecedented change as digital initiatives drive transformation and modernization programs, new service delivery models, and new structures. Government CIOs must ready themselves, and their workforces, operating models and platforms, to remain relevant and thrive.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How can we effectively change culture, cultivate talent, manage risk and foster digital leadership?
- What are the approaches for cost optimization and maximizing financial flexibility in government?
- How can we optimize operations by planning for an evolving technology portfolio and sourcing strategy?
- How can we retire technical debt, modernize legacy applications and access needed funding?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Templates
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.