Digitopia 2035 is a set of stories whose plots are still being written, but clear patterns emerge across people’s imagined futures: a smaller circle, a question of convenience, and a sustainable society. CIOs who are interested in learning from the zeitgeist can immerse themselves in these stories.
- Grouped Themes and Key Quotes
- Overview of All Stories
- 1. Janak Joshi, the U.S.
- 2. Josh Mayfield, the U.S.
- 3. Siddharth Rawat, India
- 4. Claudette, the Netherlands
- 5. Ron Dimon, the U.S.
- 6. Fernando, Brazil
- 7. Julien Rossi, the Netherlands
- 8. Peter Mueller, Switzerland
- 9. Nei Grando, Brazil
- 10. Kahlil Crawford, the U.S.
- 11. Michael Livingston, the U.K.
- 12. Contribution From the U.S.
- 13. Dennis Groot, the Netherlands
- 14. Frans van ‘t Hof, the Netherlands
- 15. Manoranjan Das, the U.K.
- 16. Julien Rossi, the Netherlands
- 17. Contribution From the U.K.
- 18. Richard Corbridge, the U.K.
- 19. Contribution From Uganda
- 20. Dragos, Romania
- 21. Francisco Esteban Lefler, Spain
- 22. Sven Windprechtinger, the Netherlands
- 23. Satheesh Narasimhan, India
- 24. Mehul Kamdar, the U.S.
- 25. Bari Dzomba, the U.S.
- 26. Gitanjali Maria, India
- 27. Bjørn Blindheim, Norway
- 28. Jonathan Fries, the U.S.
- 29. Michael Ryan, the U.S.
- 30. Contribution From Japan
- 31. Paul de Kroon, the Netherlands
- 32. Torbjorn Larsen, Norway
- 33. Cassandra, Switzerland
- 34. Frans van ‘t Hof, the Netherlands
- 35. Frans van ‘t Hof, the Netherlands
- 36. Eva Taskinen, Finland
- 37. Aurélie Pols, Spain
- 38. Militza Basualdo, Mexico
- 39. Brian Galloway, the U.S.
- 40. Contribution From the U.S.
- 41. Dan Sommer, Sweden
- 42. Contribution From the U.S.
- 43. Mattias Wohlen, Sweden
- 44. Contribution From the U.S.
- 45. Contribution From the U.K.
- 46. Chris Holland, South Africa
- 47. Henriette Sangers, Curacao
- 48. Toby Hatch, Canada
- 49. Contribution From Germany
- 50. Renan Carvalho, Brazil
- 51. Contribution From Israel
- 52. Wouter Volkeri, the Netherlands
- 53. Eike Jan Doose, Germany
- 54. Mychelle Mollot, Canada
- 55. Michiel Deerenberg, the Netherlands
- 56. Florence, the Netherlands
- 57. Venky Kulkarni, Canada
- 58. Jennifer Hartsock, the U.S.
- 59. Curt Carver, the U.S.
- 60. George Conklin, the U.S.
- 61. Travis Asmundson, Canada
- 62. Colin I’Anson, the U.K.
- 63. Katriina Valli, Finland
- 64. Helena Ryan, Germany
- 65. Daphne, Spain
- 66. Contribution From Serbia
- 67. Dario, Italy
- 68. Vivian Xiaowei Lu, China
- 69. Maria Damborg Hald, Denmark
- 70. Karin Zwiggelaar, the Netherlands
- 71. Kjetil H. Volle, the Netherlands
- 72. Arto Markku, Finland
- 73. Tsukasa Makino, Japan
- 74. Tom Hagesæther, Norway
- 75. Mike Fuller, the U.K.
- 76. Alexander Jarosch, Germany
- 77. Gaj Premnath, Australia
- 78. Mike Congdon, Australia
- 79. Chris Maddock, Australia
- 80. Contributions From Attendees of Gartner’s Symposium/ITxpo 2018 in Barcelona
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.