SAM tools enable organizations to reconcile software entitlement and consumption data to reduce compliance risk, optimize costs and improve business performance. Infrastructure and operations leaders should use this analysis to identify functionality to deliver value from their SAM tool investments.
What You Need to Know
- Critical Capabilities Use-Case Graphics
- Vendor Products
- 1E AppClarity
- Aspera SmartTrack
- Belarc BelManage
- Eracent IT Management Center Suite
- Flexera FlexNet Manager Suite
- Ivanti IT Asset Management Portfolio
- ServiceNow Software Asset Management
- Snow Software Snow License Manager
- Product/Service Class Definition
- Critical Capabilities Definition
- Software Entitlements Manual Entry
- Software Entitlements Automation
- Endpoint Software Consumption
- Data Center Software Consumption
- Cloud Consumption
- Specialty Software Consumption
- Reconcile External Information
- Optimize Entitlements/Consumption
- Share Information
- Use Cases
- PC and Mobile Licensing
- On-Premises Licensing
- Complex Licensing in Hybrid Environments
- Complex Licensing in Cloud Primary Environments
- IT/OT Licensing
- Vendors Added and Dropped
- Critical Capabilities Rating
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.