One of the most common, and needless, causes of MDM failure is the lack of specific metrics that connect MDM programs with business outcomes. Data and analytics leaders should collaborate with business stakeholders to develop business- and data-centered metrics that can drive business improvements.
- Establish an MDM Metrics Framework That Prioritizes Those Metrics of Critical Importance to Business Stakeholders
- Create Leading Indicators by Mapping Key Business Processes to the Financial Metrics
- Instrument Managerial Decisions by Matching Them With Mid- to High-Level Performance Metrics
- Define and Track Key Performance Indicators for Improving Business Process Performance
- The Master Data Life Cycle
- Establish Data Quality Metrics for Master Data and Link Them With Specific Business Processes
Gartner Recommended Reading