3GPP-compliant 5G services have been commercialized by 5G-capable smartphones. Product managers responsible for 5G commercialization in CSPs must design appropriate 5G strategies and optimize commercial launches by satisfying three major requirements for harmonized and successful 5G introduction.
- 3GPP-Compliant 5G Commercial Services Have Started, but the Device Ecosystem Is Still Immature
- Three Requirements to Establish Harmonized 5G Commercial Launches
- Government and Regulations Could Influence 5G Commercial Timing, and Sometimes Delay It
- End-to-End Standardization Compliance and Interoperability Testing Completion on the Precommercial Network Are Mandatory
- Announce a 5G Commercial Tariff Plan and Prepare for Any Other 5G-Related Businesses
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.