The microservices architecture approach is fast gaining traction to build cloud-native applications, but may not be the right answer for every scenario. Tech CEOs building software products or services need to identify and understand two key scenarios for consideration.
- Organize the Development Team Structure to Mimic the Product Microservices Structure for Maximum CI/CD Benefits
- Investigate Using a Microservices Architecture When Building Software Services That Will Be Deployed and Operated on Cloud
- Additional Considerations
- A Microservices Architecture Is Not Always the Best Approach
- How About Microservices On-Premises?
- Are Microservices Useful to Only Cloud-Based Services, or to COTS Products as Well?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.