Government CIOs, like all CIOs, must collaborate with business and mission colleagues to truly optimize overall costs. Establishing a constructive dialogue on a balance between risk and value requires a framework and discipline around financial transparency and strategic alignment.
- Collaborate Across Organizations to Address 10 Business Cost Optimization Opportunities
- Present a Value-Focused Approach for Monitoring IT’s Contribution to Agency Performance With Financial Transparency
- Analyze Stakeholders
- Create an IT Value Communications Plan
- Deliver and Substantiate IT Value
- Integrate Emerging Technology and Cost Optimization Into Strategic Planning
- Develop the Agency’s Strategic Context and Cost Optimization
- Disruptive Technologies Can Have a Positive Impact on Cost Optimization
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.