Asset-intensive companies deploy EAM solutions to address physical asset support requirements and for analysis of capital equipment. CIOs and IT leaders can learn from the implementation experience of their peers shared on Gartner Peer Insights.
Peer Lessons Learned
- Lesson 1: Understand Your Business Needs and Dedicate Time Upfront to Understand Tool Capabilities
- Lesson 2: Invest Time in Data Cleansing and Migration
- Lesson 3: Involve End Users to Support and Plan the Implementation
- Lesson 4: Ensure the Initial Configuration Is Set Up With the End Goal in Mind
- Lesson 5: Create a Robust Support Structure During the Tool Implementation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.