Great engagement with stakeholders is an essential component to the success of any risk and security program. CIOs should treat the experience of how risk and security are delivered as a fundamental component of what is delivered.
- Culture Clash Between Innovation and Security Sets Up Risk Failures
- CIOs Must Engage Better With Non-IT Executives
- Create the Right Balance Between Effort and Value
- Engage Executives to Facilitate a Balance Between Protection and Running the Business
- Create Defensibility for Your Executives
- Replace Technology With Business Context in Communications, and Speak to Executives About Things That Matter to Them
- Move Technology Risk and Security Delivery From Project Management to Product Management
- Help Executives With Their Decisions Through Operationally Focused Risk Assessments
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.